WE ARE CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
Family Membership: Our memberships are “Family Memberships” which include the Primary Member, spouse, and children under the age of 21. There is only one vote per membership regardless of the number of family members. Family members at the ranges must be accompanied by a Primary Member (an adult who signed the Membership Application) with the following exception. Spouses who wish to use the range must also sign the Applicant’s Oath (or Member’s Oath which is the same thing, but on a Renewal Form); Parents’ signatures also bind their minor children. Children are never permitted at the range unaccompanied by the Primary Member.
Dues/Fees: Annual dues for a family membership are $125.00, due before January 1 each year; they are prorated for new members at the discretion of the Executive Committee. Current SC certified law enforcement officers, in the full-time employment of federal, local or state government, may join the club at a reduced rate of $62.50/year. Dues are not refundable. A one time $10.00 “Cardkey Fee” is also required with each new application for membership. If the Cardkey is ever lost or damaged, a $25.00 replacement fee will be collected before a replacement Cardkey is issued.
Becoming a Member
To submit an application for membership, please follow the guidelines below:
Instructions for Mailing Application*
*If you are unable to print the form, contact the club secretary and we will send you an application form. Be sure to submit all pages and initial each page to indicate that you have read and understood the rules on that page. Sign the last page where indicated.
Please note that all applicants for membership are required to attend an Orientation Program approved by the Executive Committee. Upon successful completion of the Orientation Program and payment of dues and all fees, the new member will be issued a membership card and gate key card. Approval and continuation of membership are subject to the limitations specified in the SRR&PC Bylaws. Applicants are issued a Member Handbook at the Orientation and are expected to follow all rules and regulations contained therein.
Prerequisites for attending an Orientation Program are:
- New member application completed, signed, and returned.
- Passport-style photo provided.
- Experience in the safe use of firearms, or basic firearm safety and proficiency training (CWP accepted). See a list of SRR&PC Range Safety Officers (RSO) below that provide firearm safety training if training is desirable.
- Payment of current membership dues and gate key card of $10.
- Read the membership handbook located on the club website
- A basic background check completed by your local Police Department, or Current Cancelled Weapon Permit (CWP), or a recent (12 months) Bill of Sale (BOS) for a firearm from an FFL dealer (Note: In order to protect the applicant’s privacy, SRR&PC will not retain a copy of the BOS).
Once the above prerequisites have been met and your application has been approved, you will be contacted with the schedule for orientation at the SRR&PC outdoor range.
- Bring a check (made out to the orientation facilitator) or cash (exact change please) for an orientation fee of $25.
- Firearm, magazine, and a few rounds of ammunition. Bagged or cased in the vehicle until instructed to bring to the firing line.
- Eye and ear protection. These will be required for the live-fire exercises.
- Pen, pencil, highlighter for taking notes. An orientation package and binder will be provided.
- Water and a snack for a break.
- An open mind and a positive mental attitude
The orientation includes an interactive presentation followed by a set of exercises, supervised by the facilitators and performed by the prospective new members. The orientation is scheduled for 4 hours (should be finished in 3 hours) with a short break between the presentation and the exercises.
Upon successful completion of the Orientation Program and payment of dues and all fees, the new member will be issued a membership card and gate key card. Approval and continuation of membership are subject to the limitations specified in the SRR&PC Bylaws.
Note: The prospective member will be required to demonstrate basic firearm safety and proficiency before being accepted as a member. If you are not experienced with firearms or have not had basic firearm training, you are encouraged to take a class before scheduling for the orientation. The club has several members that are qualified and experienced in firearm training. See the list of SRR&PC RSOs that provide safety training if you need instruction prior to participation in the orientation.
SRR&PC RSOs who Provide Firearm Safety Instruction:
NRA Instructor, Rifle, Pistol, Chief Range Safety Officer (CRSO)
Firearm Safety and Proficiency, focus on new shooters
Introduction into Sports Shooting (Steel Challenge, IDPA…)
518-369-9250 (vm or text preferred), K8bravo@gmail.com, Kate Bailey via Facebook Messenger
NRA Instructor, Range Safety Officer (RSO)
USPSA Range Officer (RO), Steel Challenge RO
Firearms basics for new shooters, especially women
Getting started with Steel Challenge and practical pistol competition
Membership Renewal: Membership renewal notices are sent out by email in early November (renewals are not permitted before November 1). A signed renewal form is required along with the dues payment to renew membership.
If you do not receive a renewal notice by late November, contact the Club Secretary. Timely renewal is the responsibility of the member, NOT the Club.
If you fail to renew before January 1, your privileges will be suspended.
If you do not renew by February 1, your membership will be terminated, and you will have to follow the procedures described above to apply as a new member (you will not be entitled to any dues pro-rating).